Friday

1st Birthday Party


In addition to enjoying all wedding details and organizing just about everything -- yes, this is why I love coordinating wedding -- I absolutely LOVE planning my children's birthday parties!  Love it!  Scouring pinterest, digging through the clearance section at Michaels, I try to match the theme closest to the likes of my children.  

This one year old's birthday theme:  Raspberries & Roses. 

I knew I wanted pink and just had to have roses, and so the planning began! 
Because I enjoy a good DIY party, I did all the decor myself.
To begin with, I found a paper rose tutorial online where I needed to swirl paper to make a flower.  When I tried this, it looked awful.  Absolutely awful.  So, I tried a little pink felt flower instead.
Much better!  


These felt flowers ended up on branches in a mason jar as a centerpiece, on a yarn wreath for the front door, and on the birthday girl's headband. 







To match those cute little roses, I splurged when I bought a pink petticoat/tutu from My Little Stinky on etsy and found a tank/sweater twin set from Target.


Our food and drink were centered around the raspberry theme -- we enjoyed raspberry bellinis and salad with raspberry dressing among many other delicious items on the brunch menu.





I designed all the printables through Microsoft Publisher.



And...I even made her happy birthday banner that hung over the fireplace along with her big R.



We made a smash cake for the birthday girl and white cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting for the guests.



I found the cake bunting in the Michaels clearance bin for under $1!





Above the cake table hung the birthday girl's picture banner.  Each month on the date of her birthday, I took a picture of her with the appropriate corresponding number in the picture.  It was neat to see how much she has grown over the year.



The birthday girl had a blast!
To send off our guests with something thematically memorable, we made some homemade raspberry jam  in these mason jars with R & R labels for Raspberries & Roses.



We cannot believe our little girl is already one!  The brunch was a perfect way to celebrate!
And now on to planning our young man's birthday for this summer -- he wants a tractor party, so I'll be looking for ways to make it original.  Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment