Wednesday

Meaghan Elliott

Are you still looking for a photographer? Here's another one that Jenny likes to use. Her name is Meaghan Elliott and she shoots engagement photos as well as wedding photos. She was kind enough to take some time to answer questions that I had for her:

1. Can you tell me a little bit about your business? How long has it been around? How did you get started?

I have been in business since July of 2007. So this is the 5 year mark, and we are really excited! I actually went to Penn State to study photography, and wanted to be a wedding photographer. I shadowed a few wedding photographers the summer of my senior year and really loved it. I was the last film class to go through the program before the big switch to digital. When I graduated I actually taught Pre-K and Kindergarten in Baltimore city b/c I just had a heart to make a difference in the inner city school system... but on the side I shot a few friends weddings, and then my husband pushed me to put up a website and give it a try b/c he saw how much I loved it. So I did, and things took off. I've never looked back.
 
 



2. Describe your personality in five words.
 
Ha! This is a hard one!  :)  I'm laid back. I'm a dreamer/visionary. I'm optimistic. I'm a people person. :) 
 

3. How would you describe your photographic style?

I am a mix of photojournalistic and posed.... I like my clients to be relaxed and love capturing authentic moments, but also do a mix of some posing or more artistic set ups when the opportunity arises! 


4. What is the most memorable wedding you've shot?

This is a hard question.... they really all are because they are so different.... but I would have to say it would be one of my July weddings last year. It was in Sonoma, California, and I loved it for so many reasons..... 1. Anna and Steve are awesome clients and now friends...  2. We spent a few days out there photographing the entire wedding weekend, so we really got to know their friends and family.  3. It was a smaller wedding so it was really intimate and sweet   4. The California sunshine is amazing! I wish I could shoot in it every day.   5. Weddings out there are so different than they are here. The focus is really on dinner rather than dancing. The dinner is super nice.... several courses... and it is all about spending time with the people you love. There was dancing, but it is not the focus of the reception. Loved that it was really different....


So, are you interested? You should be! Her pictures are really unique and gorgeous, as you can see throughout this blog. If you want to see more of her work or learn more about her, you can check her out at her website or read her blog. Tell her Jenny and her team at jpb designs sent you!


*All pictures were taken by Meaghan Elliott and are property of Meaghan Elliott Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment