Tuesday

Lawn Care Party

Since January, I've been planning and preparing for my son's third birthday.  At that time, I asked him what he wanted his party to be centered around.  His response, which I could have put money on, was "tractors" -- but I didn't want to do the usual John Deere tractor themed party.  So, somewhere along the lines I decided to go the route of a Lawn Care Party.  I figured that would be sure to include all the equipment he loves:  tractors, leaf blowers, weed whippers, diggers, etc.  Despite the party being on one of the most humid days our summer had to offer, I think everyone had a great time!


For the decor, I found the tutorial for yarn balls on pinterest!  
I ended up with two of them under our big umbrella.

Then, I took a bunch of old frames and spray painted them yellow and added black chalkboard paint to the glass.  I used this one below as our menu.


With tractors all over our house, they ended up being great resources for the food table!




I set the picnic table as a paint your pot station and then changed it over as a place for the kids to eat. 


We happened to have these tree stumps that I used as seats for the photo booth. 
The crate off to the left held props and a chalkboard sign that held the description.


Our "tool shed"



We felt that the kids would enjoy sitting on the rider mower.  So, we parked it out back and made it a part of the decor and theme.




I bought the lattice at Lowes and spray painted it to be the food table backdrop.
The three types of material came from Hobby Lobby, on sale of course.  I wanted to add the orange in order to detract from a strictly John Deere feel.  

Below I made sack lunches for the kids.  I found these stickers in our house that I could use to print their names on the bags.  



I was so happy to find these tractors on Etsy - as well as the cupcake wrappers!



My mom helped me with the photo booth props.  She used her cricut machine to cut out an owl, a duck beak, a pig nose, etc.  We had fun with it!



It was so fun!  Now I'm on to planning a January 2 year old party.  I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment