Friday

Eric Stocklin

So a few weeks ago, Karla, Jenny, and I had the great opportunity to attend a catering even hosted by Absolutely Perfect Catering. They had different stations set up by themes and it was amazing. I'll be dedicating a post to this event with tons of pictures very soon, but this post is about something else. At the event, I met Eric, a photographer based out of Baltimore. If you're still looking for a photographer, you should consider him! Read on to learn more about him, his business, and take a look at his work.


 1. How long has your business been around? Where is it located?  

I have been a professional photographer and photojournalist since 1996, located in Federal Hill neighborhood in Baltimore, MD.  I am willing to travel and have photographed weddings from NC to NYC.   Mostly I work in MD.

2. How far in advanced do you arrive to take pictures of a wedding?  
Usually one or two hours depending on what the bride wants.  

3. What's your favorite part of a wedding to shoot (ie when the bride walks in, cake cutting, bouquet throwing, etc.)? Why?  

I love candid shots that tell a story.   I never do any cheesy posed photos and never put people in awkward poses.   These shots are a waste of time and my clients expect more.   My favorite images are when the bride and groom are having fun and forget all about having their photo taken.   These shots are natural and honest moments. 


 
4. What was your favorite wedding you've shot? Why?   

I love working for clients that have non-traditional weddings.   There is no such thing as a boring wedding, but when religious or family rituals are included in the day it makes the photos more personal and interesting.   I like working outdoors with natural light.   Anything in a park or near the Chesapeake Bay in late afternoon light is favorable.

5. Which venues are your favorites for weddings?  

 I don’t have a favorite venue but my clients often select locations that allow them to create the perfect day and don’t have any photography restrictions.    As a photographer I want to be able to get images anywhere without limitations.    I frequently work at Cloisters Castle, Herrington Harbor, American Visionary Arts Museum, Turf Valley, Museum of Industry, Pier 5, Peabody Conservatory, Gramercy, 1840s Ballroom, Admiral Fell Inn and the Hyatt Regency Baltimore just to name a few.  








  
All the photos seen here, as well as pricing and more info about Eric, can be found at www.ericstocklin.com. Check it out, and tell him the jpb designs sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment