Wednesday

Joanna & Matt: a simple afternoon affair

Thank you to Joanna and Matt for including jpb designs as a part of your simple, traditional, lovely afternoon wedding!  This was our first visit to Glenview Mansion down in Rockville...it was beautiful! 
I think they hired us less than three weeks before their wedding.  I would have loved to have gotten to know them a bit better, but regardless, I'm honored to have been part of their day. 

Let me tell you the story of the afternoon...
(Thank you to Krystal Blu Photography for providing me with the images.)

Joanna and the ladies got ready at her apartment.  Check out her bling!

Love this...


The ceremony was held at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Rockville.  It has such interesting architecture on the inside.  This picture is really neat with the huge stained glass window in the background.  And, you have to love the guys' gray suits.

Meredith and I loved the cake.  It was stunning!


Instead of a traditional sit down dinner, this afternoon wedding had a brunch with a waffle station and an omelet station, among others.  It was quite yummy!  All the guests were definitely pleased.  The best part is that for the cocktail hour, the caterer opted to put out a table of assorted breads and fruit.  It kept the guests happy until the meal was ready.


a larger shot of the cake

Joanna and Matt found this great subway art on etsy that includes the important facts from their wedding day.  Guests signed the mat around it, and the couple plans to hang it up in their home.

One of the big hits was a huge photobooth.  This was so big it could fit up to 14 people!  Another great aspect is that the guys stay to monitor and help guests with the booth for the entire event and they bring all of the props you see (and more).  Their guests had a great time with this!

The grounds are stunning.  If you haven't already, you should make a trip over to Glenview Mansion.



The afternoon wouldn't be complete without a candy bar.  The initials were my favorite!

The couple was sent away with bubbles to a limo driving them to DC for the night.  What a great event!

Joanna wrote the nicest review online:
http://www.weddingwire.com/vendor/VendorViewStoreFront?mode=edit&tab=reviews

Here is part of it...
"Hiring Jenny was the best decision I made for my wedding and I honestly believe I wouldn't be married at this point if it wasn't for her.  

In three short weeks, Jenny was able to tie up all the loose ends, contact vendors, give ideas when necessary, expand on my own ideas, and make a master schedule accommodating everything we wanted to do into the ebb and flow of a traditional wedding. I was worried the ultimate wedding vision (traditional elements in a non-traditional setting) wouldn't work, or worse, be criticized, but Jenny made me feel comfortable from day one. She understood immediately what my fiance and I were going for and made us feel as though we were the only couple she was working with.


I would recommend her a million times out of a million. I really liked how she specializes in day-of coordination, as opposed to planning. Future brides, to keep yourself stress-free on your big day, hire Jenny!!"


Vendor information:
Church:  St. Mary's Catholic Church - Rockville, MD
Venue:  Glenview Mansion
Caterer:  Putting on the Ritz
Cake:    Edibles Incredible
Florist:   B Floral & Event Design
DJ:  Chris Laich Music Services
 Photographer:  Krystal Blu Photography
 Photobooth:  Booth-a-Rama
 Beauty:   Up Dos for I Dos
Transportation:   Bayside


No comments:

Post a Comment